IBPS SO Syllabus
IBPS SO Syllabus 2016 is available here for the candidates who are appearing for the IBPS Exam. Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducting IBPS Exam for Law Officer, IT Officer, Agricultural Field Officer (ARO), HR/ Personnel Officer & other posts. Here, we are providing the complete information regarding this IBPS syllabus and Exam pattern for these posts. The Candidates who are preparing for IBPS SO Exam can check the IBPS SO Syllabus in our moregovtjobs.com website. You can also download the IBPS SO Syllabus pdf from the following sections.
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, popularly known as IBPS is an autonomous body. IBPS Started its operations in 1975 as Personnel Selection Services (PSS). In 1984, IBPS became an independent entity at the behest of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Public Sector Banks. In 2011, IBPS announced a Common Written Examination (CWE) for the selection Officers and Clerks in Indian banks. IBPS Releases the Recruitment Notification on its website periodically to select the candidates for various vacancies. Recently, IBPS released the notification for filling the SO vacancies. So candidates can view the IBPS SO syllabus on this page.
IBPS SO Exam Pattern 2015
IBPS SO Exam pattern 2016 is available here. The candidates who have applied for the IBPS Exam can check the exam pattern along with the IBPS SO Syllabus. Here we are providing complete information regarding this IBPS SO Examination. The IBPS Exam Pattern and Syllabus may help you fo the better preparation.
Final selection and provisional allotment for the candidates will be based on the Online Test and personal Interviews. The scores will be differentiated for two tests. They have allotted 200 marks for IBPS SO Online test & 100 marks for Interview. Candidates should get the minimum 40% marks as their qualification and 35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.
The IBPS SO Exam pattern is as follows:
- There are Four Sections in IBPS SO ( Specialist Officer) Exam.
- The Exam will have 200 Objective Type questions (MCQ’s) for 200 Marks.
- Duration of the exam is 120 Minutes.
- There is negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- The parts English language, Reasoning, Professional Knowledge are common.
- Quantitative Aptitude or General Awareness depends on the particular type of post you apply for.
IBPS SO Exam Pattern for IT Officer, AFO, HR/ Personnel Officer & Marketing Officer
IBPS SO Exam Pattern is given for the applicants. Candidates can refer the Exam Pattern for IT Officer, Agricultural Field Officer, HR/ Personnel Officer & Marketing Officer posts given below.
|1||Professional Knowledge||75||2 Hours
IBPS SO Exam Pattern for Law Officer & Rajbhasha Adhikari
IBPS SO Exam Pattern is provided for the applicants to have a better idea. The Exam Pattern for IBPS CWE SPL – V- SO Law Officer & Rajbhasha Adhikari is mentioned below:
|3||General Awareness with special
reference to Banking Industry
IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus 2016
The candidates who have applied for the IBPS SO Recruitment 2015 can check the IBPS Syllabus here. Here We are providing the complete information regarding the Specialist Officer Syllabus. The applied candidates can download the syllabus from our website.
IBPS SO Syllabus for Professional Knowledge
IBPS SO Syllabus for Professional Knowledge is given below. Here, we are giving complete IBPS SO Syllabus according to the post. You can also refer official IBPS notification for more details.
IBPS SO IT Officer Syllabus
- Web Technologies and basics of Programming Languages topics like HTML Tags, XML, Network Security, Basics of C, C++, OOP languages.
- Data Communication & Networking, IP Addressing (Subnetting), Network, Architecture, OSI Model, TCP-IP Model, Data Communication.
- Database Management System (DBMS): Questions will be asked from RDBMS, E- R Diagrams, Normalization, Overview of SQL queries, Transaction Management.
- Software Engineering and data structure topics like SDLC, Software Development Models, Array, Linked List, Stacks, etc.
- Operating System – Types of OS, Semaphore, Scheduling, Network Security, Cyber Crimes – Risk Management, Firewall, Cryptography, Process thread, Dead Lock, Memory Partitioning, Page Replacement, Computer organization, Hardware, Microprocessor, Bus Structure, etc.
IBPS SO HR Officer Syllabus
IBPS SO Syllabus for HR Officer is given here. Candidates check the HR Syllabus below.
- Rewards & Recognition.
- Industrial relations.
- Human Resource Development: Strategies and Systems.
- Transnational Analysis.
- Training and Development.
- Recruitment & Selection.
IBPS SO Syllabus for English
IBPS SO Syllabus for English is given here. Aspirants can check the syllabus below.
- Word Formation.
- Error Correction.
- Theme detection.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Unseen Passages.
- Idioms & Phrases.
- Passage Correction.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Sentence Correction.
- Passage Completion.
- Sentence Completion.
- Subject-Verb Agreement.
- Sentence Rearrangement.
IBPS SO Syllabus for Reasoning
IBPS SO Syllabus for Reasoning is given Here. Candidates can check the syllabus below.
- Puzzle Test.
- Alphabet Test.
- Eligibility Test.
- Cubes and Dice.
- Data Sufficiency.
- Theme Detection.
- Series Completion.
- Clocks & Calendars.
- Direction Sense Test.
- Logical Venn Diagrams.
- Situation Reaction Test.
- Statement – Arguments.
- Statement – Conclusions.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Mathematical Operations.
- Logical Sequence of Words.
- Alpha Numeric Sequence Puzzle.
- Inserting The Missing Character.
- Number, Ranking & Time Sequence.
- Deriving Conclusions from Passages.
IBPS SO Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
Topics under IBPS SO syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude is given below. The interested Candidates can check the IBPS SO Quantitative syllabus here.
- Time and Work.
- Problems on Trains.
- Boats & Streams.
- Pipes & Cisterns.
- Number System.
- Problems on Ages.
- Time and Distance.
- Mixtures & Allegations.
- Decimal & Fractions.
- Ratio and Proportions.
- Permutation & Combination.
- Volume & Surface Area.
- Heights & Distances Partnership.
- Simple & Compound Interest.
- Pie Charts.
- Bar Graphs.
- Line Graphs.
- HCF & LCM.
- Profit and Loss.
IBPS SO Syllabus for General Awareness/ Banking
Topics under IBPS SO syllabus for General Awareness and some special reference to Banking Industry is given below. Candidates can check the General Awareness syllabus here.
- General Politics.
- Countries & Capitals etc.
- Scientific Research.
- Indian Constitution.
- Budget and Five Year Plans.
- India and its neighboring countries.
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries.
- Current Affairs – National & International.
- Important Financial & Economic News.
- Knowledge of Current Events.
- Over 50% of the questions will be asked from Economy, Banking and Finance.
Details About IBPS SO Exam 2016
Organization Name: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS).
Job Role: Specialist Officer.
Job Category: Central Government.
Last date for SO application: 10.12.2015.
Date of exam: 30 & 31.01.2016 (Tentative).
Official Website: ibps.in.
Click the below link for more information regarding IBPS SO Syllabus.
Download IBPS SO Syllabus PDF