SSC JE Electrical Syllabus 2015
SSC JE Electrical Syllabus is available here. Recently SSC has released SSC Junior Engineer Exam Notification for various posts. A huge number of Engineering students have applied to SSC JE Exam. Candidates who are preparing for SSC JE Electrical Exam can get SSC JE Exam Pattern from here. In our website we are providing latest information about SSC Junior Engineer Exam 2015, SSC Electrical Junior Engineer Syllabus. Download SSC Junior Engineer Exam Syllabus here. Get SSC JE Electrical Syllabus & prepare well for the Exam. Candidate can also get SSC JE Syllabus for Electrical, Mechanical, Electrical Subjects from our website.
Staff Selection Commission
Staff Selection Commission is shortly known as SSC. The Formation date of SSC was 4th Nov 1975. It was located at New Delhi. SSC is a Government of India organization. SSC Board main aim is to recruit skilled staff for various posts in various departments. Candidates who have applied to SSC JE Exam can download SSC Exam Syllabus 2015 from here.
SSC JE Syllabus & Exam Pattern
SSC JE Exam Pattern varies with respect to branch. SSC JE Syllabus and Exan pattern are different for Electrical, and Mechanical branches. The Detailed SSC JE Syllabus for Electrical Engineering is given below. Interested and Eligible candidates can download SSC JE Electrical Syllabus & SSC JE Exam pattern from here.
Streams in SSC JE:
- Junior Engineer (Electrical)
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical)
- Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract)
SSC JE Exam Syllabus 2015
SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus contains mainly 2 papers: Paper I & Paper II. Each Paper consists 3 different subjects. SSC JE Electrical Syllabus for each topic is given here.
SSC JE Exam Syllabus containing subjects are as follows.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning.
- General Awareness.
- General Engineering: For General Engineering paper the Syllabus differs with respect to their branches. General Engineering covers 3 papers. Candidates can choose paper with respect to branch. General Engineering contains following topics.
- Part A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) .
- Part-B General Engineering (Electrical).
- Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical).
SSC Junior Engineer Exam pattern
SSC JE Exam Pattern is available in our website. Candidates can also check for SSC Je Syllabus for Electrical Engineering, SSC JE Electrical Syllabus from here.
SSC Jr Engineering Exam contains following points.
- The SSC JE Elecrical examination contains 2 papers: Objective Type & Conventional Type.
- The SSC Exam will be conduct in two sessions.
- For SSC Jr Exam General Intelligence and General Awareness subjects are common for all branches except General Engineering.
- General Intelligence & Geneal Awareness carries 50 marks for each paper.
- General Engineering paper is asked for 100 marks.
- Convection Type paper contains 300 marks.
- Duration for SSC Exam is 2 hrs (120 minutes).
- The exam will be conducted for 500 marks.
|Papers||Subject||Maximum Marks||Duration & Timings|
Objective type (OMR Answer Sheets will be provided for this Paper)
|(i) General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||2 Hours [10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon]|
|(ii) General Awareness||50|
|(iii) Part –A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)OR
Part-B General Engineering (Electrical)OR
Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
|Paper-II Conventional Type||Part –A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)
Part – B General Engineering (Electrical)
Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
|300||2 Hours [2.00 PM to 4.00 PM]|
SSC JE Syllabus for Electrical Engineering
SSC Junior Engineering Syllabus for Electrical Engineering Students is available here. SSC Syllabus is different for each branch. Candidates who belongs to Electrical Engineering can get SSC JE Electrical 2015 Syllabus form our website. Candidates can check SSC JE Electrical Syllabus from here. In our website we will provide SSC Je Syllabus for Mechanical, SSC JE Electrical Syllabus.
SSC Junior Electrical Engineering Syllabus is as follows.
SSC JE Electrical Syllabus for Basic concepts:
- Concepts of resistance, inductance, capacitance, and various factors affecting them. Concepts of current, voltage, power, energy and their units.
SSC JE Electrical Syllabus for Circuit law:
- Kirchhoff’s law, Simple Circuit solution using network theorems.
SSC JE Electrical Syllabus for Magnetic Circuit:
- Concepts of flux, mmf, reluctance, Different kinds of magnetic materials, Magnetic calculations for conductors of different configuration e.g. straight, circular, solenoidal, etc. Electromagnetic induction, self and mutual induction.
SSC JE Electrical AC Fundamentals Syllabus :
- Instantaneous, peak, R.M.S. and average values of alternating waves, Representation of sinusoidal wave form, simple series and parallel AC Circuits consisting of R.L. and C, Resonance, Tank Circuit. Poly Phase system – star and delta connection, 3 phase power, DC and sinusoidal response of R-Land R-C circuit.
SSC JE Measurement and measuring instruments Syllabus:
- Measurement of power (1 phase and 3 phase, both active and re-active) and energy, 2 wattmeter method of 3 phase power measurement. Measurement of frequency and phase angle. Ammeter and Voltmeter (both moving coil and moving iron type), Extension of range, Wattmeter, Multimeters, Megger, Energy meter AC Bridges. Use of CRO, Signal Generator, CT, PT and their uses.
- Earth Fault detection.
SSC JE Electrical Syllabus for Electrical Machines:
- (a) D.C. Machine – Construction, Basic Principles of D.C. motors and generators, their characteristics, speed control and starting of D.C. Motors. Method of braking motor, Losses and efficiency of D.C. Machines.
- (b) 1 phase and 3 phase transformers – Construction, Principles of operation, equivalent circuit, voltage regulation, O.C. and S.C. Tests, Losses and efficiency. Effect of voltage, frequency and wave form on losses. Parallel operation of 1 phase / 3 phase transformers. Auto transformers.
- (c) 3 phase induction motors, rotating magnetic field, principle of operation, equivalent circuit, torque- speed characteristics, starting and speed control of 3 phase induction motors. Methods of braking, effect of voltage and frequency variation on torque speed characteristics.
SSC JE Fractional Kilowatt Motors and Single Phase Induction Motors Syllabus:
- Characteristics and applications. Synchronous Machines – Generation of 3-phase e.m.f. armature reaction, voltage regulation, parallel operation of two alternators, synchronizing, power. Starting and applications of synchronous motors.
SSC Syllabus for Generation, Transmission and Distribution:
- Different types of power stations, Load factor, diversity factor, demand factor, cost of generation, inter-connection of power stations.
- Power factor improvement, various types of tariffs, types of faults, short circuit current for symmetrical faults. Switchgears – rating of circuit breakers, Principles of arc extinction by oil and air, H.R.C.
- Fuses, Protection against earth leakage / over current, etc. Buchholtz relay, Merz-Price system of protection of generators & transformers, protection of feeders and bus bars. Lightning arresters, various transmission and distribution system, comparison of conductor materials, efficiency of different system. Cable – Different type of cables, cable rating and derating factor.
SSC JE Syllabus for Estimation and costing:
- Estimation of lighting scheme, electric installation of machines and relevant IE rules. Earthing practices and IE Rules.
SSC Syllabus for Utilization of Electrical Energy:
- Illumination, Electric heating, Electric welding, Electroplating, Electric drives and motors.
SSC JE Electrical Syllabus for Basic Electronics:
- Working of various electronic devices e.g. P N Junction diodes, Transistors (NPN and PNP type), BJT and JFET. Simple circuits using these devices.
SSC JE Recruitment Notification Details 2015
Name of the Organization: Staff Selection Commission.
Name.of Exam: SSC JE Electrical Exam.
Name of the Post: Junior Engineer.
Official Website: www.ssc.nic.in