Bureau of Indian Standards Recruitment 2016
Bureau of Indian Standards Recruitment Notification released for filling 118 Junior Stenographer, Stenographer, UDC, Technical Assistant, Senior Technician, Upper Division Clerk vacancies. BIS offers excellent career opportunity for the young and dynamic persons with this notification. The candidates who are willing to join in the BIS Head Quarters, New Delhi can apply for this BIS Recruitment. Eligible candidates apply Online from 12.01.2016 to 01.02.2016.
Bureau of Indian Standards established on 01st April 1987. BIS came into existence through an act of parliament. BIS came with broadened scope and more powers taking over the staff, assets, liabilities and functions of erstwhile ISI. The bureau is a Body Corporate consisting of 25 members. Members representing both Central and state Governments and other fields.
Vacancy details of BIS Recruitment
Bureau of Indian Standards Recruitment board has announced the notification for 118 posts of Junior Stenographer and more posts. The vacancy details regarding this recruitment are given below.
Total no. of Posts: 118 posts.
Name of the posts:
|Name of the Post||No. of Posts|
|Upper Division Clerk||25|
|Senior Technician (Mechanical)||07|
|Senior Technician (Electrical)||08|
|Senior Technician (Civil)||02|
|Technical Assistant ( Mechanical)||07|
|Technical Assistant ( Electrical)||15|
|Technical Assistant ( Civil)||02|
|Technical Assistant ( Chemical)||12|
|Technical Assistant ( Microbiology)||06|
BIS Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for the Bureau of Indian Standards Recruitment exam must have the following eligibility.
- Junior Stenographer – Graduate with 1 year Diploma in Computers; Shorthand speed of 80 wpm.
- Stenographer – Degree from a recognized University; Shorthand speed of 100 wpm.
- Upper Division Clerk – Graduate from a Recognized University.
- Technical Assistant – Bachelor’s Degree in Science with minimum 60% marks.
- Senior Technician – Metric or Equivalent; Certificate from ITI in the trade of Electrician / Air conditioning/Mechanic.
- The candidate must be in between 18 -30 years for Stenographer post.
- The candidate must be in between 18 – 27 years for Junior Stenographer, Upper Division Clerk, Technical Assistant, Senior Technician posts.
- Eligible Candidates can apply to this recruitment through Online.
- Application fee for General and OBC Candidates is Rs.500/-.
- SC/ST/PWDs/Women and BIS Departmental candidates are exceptional for fee payment.
- Online Exam.
- Skill Test in Shorthand.
- Practical Trade Test/Interview.
Details about Online Exam
Exam Date: Exam Date will be intimated to the registered email.
Exam Mode: Online
Exam Duration: 120 minutes
Negative Marking: 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Exam Language: English and Hindi.
Exam centers: New Delhi, Amritsar, Agartala, Ahmadabad, Benguluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bikaner, Chennai, Coimbatore, Chandigarh, Dehradur, Kolkata, Gangtok, Guwathi, Hyderabad, Itanagar, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Mumbai, Mangalore, Meerut, Nagpur, Patna, Goa, Pune, puducherry, Raipur, Ranchi, Shimla, shilling, Siliguri, Thiruvanamtapuram, Lucknow, Kochi, Vishakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Indore, Vadodara, Udaipur.
Pay Scale and Group of Post
|Name of the Post||Pay Scale||Group of post|
|Junior Stenographer||Rs. 5200 – 20,200||C|
|Stenographer||Rs. 9300 – 34800||B|
|Upper Division Clerk||Rs. 5200 – 20,200||C|
|Technical Assistant||Rs. 9300 -34800||C|
|Senior Technician||Rs. 5200 – 20,200||C|
- Starting Date for Submission of Application: 12.01.2016.
- Last Date for submission of Application: 01.02.2016.
- Last date for Online Payment: 01.02.2016.
- Issue of Call Letters for Online Exam: 15.02.2016.
- Online Exam: 21.02.2016
- Result of Online Exam: 31.03.2016.
How to apply
- Aspiring Candidates can visit the Official website www.bis.org.in.
- Click on the option CAREER OPPORTUNITIES and Recruitment Advertisements.
- Select Recruitment for Various Posts and Click on APPLY ONLINE.
- Click on the option NEW REGISTRATION.
- Fill all the details without any mistakes.
- Upload scanned copy of Passport Size Photo and signature.
- Click on PAYMENT and proceed for payment.
- Click on SUBMIT button.
- Take a printout of the application.
Instructions regarding Bureau of Indian Standards Recruitment
- After doing Online Payment take a printout of the e-receipt and online application for further communication.
- Dimensions of the photocopy should be in 200 x 230 pixels.
- Dimensions of the photocopy should be in 140 x 60 pixels.
- Candidate has to sign in white paper with Black Pen and Capital letters are not allowed.
- Inter Locking Reservation will be provide for the PWD candidates as per GOVT. of India instructions.
- Candidates can download the Call letters for Online Exam from Official website.
Download Bureau of Indian Standards Notification PDF
Bureau of Indian Standards Recruitment notification is available in the PDF format. For further communication and more Details about BIS recruitment download this PDF.